2.06.2006

BLAZE it UP

Man oh man. What was left of my apartment burned down Saturday morning in a fire that began at club TASTE next door and quickly spread to Coppertank and to the KOOP building. There's something odd about this.
I'm in Houston right now visiting, but got a text message on Saturday from my old roomie Bart who told me the news. GOod thing I followed my instinct when I had been asked whether or not I wished to move back in after the cleanup from the last fire. I have been in contact with a lawyer who seems to think I have a good case, even though my name was not on the lease. Even if I am not monetarily rewarded in any way, I would rest easier knowing that LEGALLY something had been done to a landlord/building owner who didn't value the importance of smoke detectors and alarms.
The nearest fire department to the building is ACROSS THE STREET yet the fire had enough time to completely destroy the whole block. AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment