1.29.2006

24 Hour Short Story Contest!

I have just sent in my entry to the writersweekly.com Winter 2006 24 hour Short Story Contest.

Yesterday at noon I was sent the topic and the maximum word count.
and here is the topic:
"She shivered and wrapped her arm more tightly around her little brother. The grocery cart that held their tattered possessions was now full of cans and they steered the rusty contraption toward the local recycling shack. Suddenly, a man in a black coat and hat stepped into their path, thrust a piece of paper into her brother's bare fist, and hurried away. The two children looked at each other and then at the piece of paper..." Keep it under 1100 words (I kept it under 900)

Anyone interested in reading my story immediately shoot me a line. Otherwise you might wait to read it on the winners page when they are announced on http://writersweekly.com

For any others interested in competing in the Spring 2006 24 hour Short Story Contest, check out the website. I recommend it to all writers in need of a brain bending exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment